Achieving Oral Health Equity (AOHE)
The Tampa Bay Healthcare Collaborative (TBHC) is working towards significant systems and public policy change around oral health through the “Achieving Oral Health Equity in Tampa Bay (AOHE) Initiative”. AOHE is part of the Oral Health (OH) 2020 Network – a national effort to improve the oral health of all.
As part of this effort, TBHC is working to better understand the community’s current attitudes, perspectives, and beliefs about oral health. The Collaborative administered community surveys, facilitated focus groups and conducted interviews with oral health providers to learn more. These activities led to a community-driven oral health plan to reduce oral health disparities and improve oral health outcomes across the lifespan. Through grassroots community outreach and in partnership with existing efforts, TBHC is striving to reduce oral health disparities and improve oral health outcomes.
- Build a network of community stakeholders committed to achieving oral health equity
- Conduct a regional community assessment regarding oral health and identify gaps
- Catalog existing oral health services, programs and resources
- Promote and improve the public perception on the value of good oral health
- Communicate the importance of interprofessional education and integrated care
- Enhance advocacy capacity of residents to share their story
Community Survey Findings
A graphic of our AOHE community surveys is now available by clicking here or under the Downloads section!
General Provider Survey Results
A summary of our findings from the AOHE General Provider Surveys is now available by clicking here or under the Downloads Section
Oral Health Stakeholder Meeting
The next Oral Health Stakeholder Meeting is tentatively scheduled to take place in June 2018. Please email email@example.com to RSVP or for more information.
If you need additional AOHE information or have any questions, contact Jerry Thomas, Program Associate, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org